- strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 879.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 159.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_style_default::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_style_default.inc on line 25.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
The best way to categorize the weather in Arútam is that it is warm, humid and unpredictable. Located at latitude 1.75ºS, Arútam is located only 190 kilometer south of equator. This means that there are little seasonal changes in rainfall and temperature as well as the length of the day. The sun get up around 6 am and goes down 12 hours later. This only varies 30 minutes around 6 am and 6 pm during the whole year.
The temperatures are high but vary quite a lot even within the reserve. Day temperatures are high and around 27ºC / 80ºF. This varies very little throughout the year. Night temperatures are normally around 15 to 21ºC / 60 to 70ºF. This can, depending on wind conditions and rain feel somewhat cold when you have gotten accustomed to the tropics, and it is a good idea to bring a long sleeved sweater, trousers and a sleeping bag.
The altitude also influences the temperature. The community is located at 940 m. However, only 3-4 hours walk you will be at 650 m. The 300 m difference can easily be felt both in terms of humidity and temperature.
The wind conditions are quite stable. There isn’t much wind in the Amazon in these parts except when it rains. Heavy rains often bring short storms, but normally don’t last for long. It can be quite dangerous to be in the forest when such a heavy rain storm comes by. Due to the rain all the epiphytes in the tree become filled with water. The tree canopy ten becomes heavy and they easily fall down due to the wind or large branches brake of.
Annual rainfall from nearby weather stations is 4537 mm. This is more than 4-6 times the annual precipitation in the UK and Wales and New York City. The rains are distributed evenly throughout the year and varies from 300-430 mm. per month. However, rare, but the longest drought experienced can be as long as 2 weeks.
The humidity is normally around 50 to 80 percent. After heavy rains it can be as high as 95-97 percent. Due to the high temperatures much more water can be contained in the air and it this feels much more humid than on northern latitudes where humidity can be just as high. This means that leather easily gets moldy and dirty clothes start moldy if not washed and dried quickly.