- strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 879.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_boolean_operator::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_boolean_operator.inc on line 159.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_style_default::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_style_default.inc on line 25.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /var/www/fundecoipa.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
We are constantly looking for qualified interns to work with FUNDECOIPA, KuriNua and our volunteer program. Interns will be working with our staff to help manage and develop the organization, projects and activities.
We are primarily looking for interns with experience in the field of environmental management, organizational development, ecotourism, marketing, finance, project management, conservation biology and ethnography. However, other fields also qualify as long as there’s a high level of commitment and dedication to work with indigenous peoples and grass root development.
An internship is a great way to combine academic study with practical field experience. It’s also a great way of learning a new language and immerse into the local culture and working environment.
We provide internships from 5 -12 months and will have a maximum of 2-3 interns at the same time depending on skills and placements.
The interns will get coaching and instructions by the FUNDECOIPA staff as well as the international representative during their stay and participate in all level of organizational activities and meetings.
Interns have to make a short report with an evaluation, experience and results of 5-10 pages to help future interns.
FUNDECOIPA will provide interns with a certificate that state the activities and skills acquired during their stay as well as a personal recommendation from the executive director.
Before participants leave for Ecuador, they will receive pre-departure information that includes practical information about the living conditions as well as a job description of the proposed activities to realize with FUNDECOIPA. We will help arranging airport pickup in Quito as well as a hostel for the first nights.
Interns must arrange their own round-trip airfare to Ecuador, visa expenses, insurance, personal expenses, transportation, and Spanish lessons etc.
Interns have to be enrolled in or finished a degree at university level. There is no specified or preferred field of study. However, the activities of FUNDECOIPA will be most relevant to and provide relevant experience to studies in environmental management, organizational development, ecotourism, marketing, finance, project management, conservation biology and ethnography.
Proven Spanish skills are required. If participants have no Spanish skills prior to arrival, four weeks of Spanish classes in Ecuador are mandatory before starting the internship. Classes are provided by our partner Instituto Superior de Español in Quito or Otavalo (www.instituto-superior.net). The costs for the course are approximately 340 USD for 4 weeks. Food and accommodation range from 240 USD to 500 USD depending on the type of lodging (hostel or private family).
Interns will receive free accommodation in the FUNDECOIPA headquarters, where they will be living with a local family. There is a small contribution for food to the host family of 100 USD per month. Meals are normally prepared by the host family but interns are expected to participate in all the daily activities including cooking. More community details can be found under the volunteer section.
There is a setup fee for interns. The fee is 150 USD and a monthly food contribution to the local host family of 100 USD. The setup fee is refundable up until 2 weeks before arrival. Se also our money back policy.
How to apply
Interns must submit an application and curriculum vitae at least 3 months before intended start. We will post any specific internships on this page but accept unsolicited applications and are interested in hearing from interested students. Applications are sent to email@example.com.